Aw yeah! I won another award. It’s the 4th award I won. I won one award before with this blog. A link to that article is well, there. Then I won two awards as a member of the ButtonSmashers group. I understand that this is simply a “chain letter award”, but as blogger, I look at it differently! This is an opportunity to promote people and it’s proof that there are actually people reading your blog. It feels special to receive any award. Okay, any good award. So, thank you so much for this nice trophy! But let’s get into the part that you need to do with each one of these sort of awards. Write something about yourself and infect… I mean give it to others. (Totally meant as a joke there.)
Given by: World Of Harley
Received on: 27th January 2014 (Blame my exams for the late article)
Article: CLICK HERE.
Well, I know this is lazy but here is the rules copy pasted from World Of Harley
So basically you follow some predetermined rules. I’ll post the actual rules below. I have to answer some questions that Airlia put to me, then nominate a further 10 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s a shame it’s only 10 really, there are a lot of bloggers who I’d love to promote.
So firstly, I’d like to thank Airlia warmly for her nomination. It means a lot. If you’d like to check out her blog, you can find it right here. I’d recommend it!
So next up, the rules of the Award are as follows:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Right, now for the questions. Hold tight!
1. Are you afraid of clowns? Why/why not?
I’m not actually. Do I like them? No, not really actually. To be honest, I don’t really care about clowns. I tend to be natural in this. I don’t mind if I go watch a show and a clown starts doing an act but it’s not that I would allow it to get close.
2. If you could learn any language you don’t currently know, what would it be and why?
Japanese. Because I’m a retro gamer lover and I’m a big fan of games that come out of Japan. I’m so bummed out that some games don’t get a proper translation.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully still writing articles. My short term dreams are finishing my studies and having a job.
4. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
My long term plans, well let’s see. I honestly think that I will be happily married and have children. I have a job and I write on some blog because I never got bored of it.
5. If given the opportunity, would you visit space?
Depends. I wouldn’t want to go to space to explore. But if it’s to live there since we destroyed to much of this planet… Well, I would go. But I rather have both my legs… paws, since I’m a Neko, on solid earth.
6. Who/What inspires you?
Other creativity. When I see something that was “out of the box” or “well made” or just creative in general, I tend to like it. I get new idea’s then myself since I’m shown other angles for things. I honestly believe that when you look at things from different angles you can write more interestingly.
So, mostly life experiences inspire me. If I see something that might improve myself, I try to implement it in my life. I have some game developers who inspire me. Mostly indy developers who do something different with for example their Steam description.
7. Would you rather be rich or famous? Why?
Though question. I don’t want to be rich since then I have friends that only are friends because of my money. While being famous sounds interesting, I’m afraid that I won’t have any privacy then. I rather would be a bit famous and have some money. Enough money to be happy with my life.
So, I would rather have a balanced and healthy mixture of the two. But if I really had to choose, well… Give me the famous then. I think it would fit my life style better then being rich.
8. Hot weather or cold weather? Why?
A big no to cold weather. I get sick too quickly in cold weather. And yes, hot weather isn’t my favorite either. I enjoy myself in warm weather that isn’t hot. Like the sun gives those lovely mild temperatures and you have a soft breeze. Love it.
9. What is your favorite genre of music and why?
I don’t have one genre that I can say is my favorite but give me melodic electronic music and I’m happy. I enjoy game soundtracks as well. So, any dance, techno, hardstyle, hardcore… that’s more based on a melody then simply a bass get love from me.
The genre I listen the most to is Hardstyle. Euphoric Hardstyle to be exact. I call it melodic hardstyle myself. Since it’s origins are here in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Other music styles I enjoy are chiptune, 8bit, 16bit, electro, drum&bass, rock, techno, hardcore (tech), Japanese, Vocaloid, dance, eurodance, soundtracks, keygen music ….
Music styles I’m not really a fan off: dubstep, metal, any kind of music where they scream instead of sing …
10. Tell us your quote of the day?
Is this the last question already? Awn! Anyways, let me tell a few of my life quote actually.
Life can’t be said in a line, since it branches off too much.
The past is your soul, the present are your brains and the future are your shoes. Use these three to walk forward.
If life was a shit, would you flush it?
So, let’s wrap it up here for the questions. Let’s go on to the next section!
I give the award too:
I’m so sorry that I’m going to bend the rules a bit on this one. I don’t read a lot of blogs that have less then 200 followers. So, I gave this award to any blogger that deserves more attention in my opinion. Since that’s the idea behind this award, to promote small bloggers.
- Beer and Joysticks: one of my first friends in the blogging world. It’s truly worth going to their website and follow!
- Allahweh’s Domain: because I think she is truly worth it! I don’t need to explain more I think.
- RetroNick: Retro gamer and collector. I recognize a lot of myself in you. So, you deserve this man!
- TheCredileHulk: I mean, why not? He promoted an article of mine in his weekly recap!
- Icesabel: Seeing her liking my posts on ButtonSmashers and reading her blog from time to time puts a smile on my face, she is worth it.
- AfterDarkGaming: Go visit it now! Or are you scared of the dark?
- Drakulus: Thanks for all the likes and having such an amazing blog!
- What’s Your Tag?: Mine is NekoJonez, what’s yours?
- Between Life and Games: He is a friend of a personal friend of mine. And he has a nice blog. Go and check it out!
- Ryu Sheng: Hi man, we still need to make that RPG podcast/article thing.
The ten questions for the winners to answer.
- What drove you to start blogging?
- What’s on your desk / writing area?
- What would happen if you mix a rhetorical question with a joke?
- Do you have or had pets?
- How would you describe your own writing style?
- What’s the most important thing in a game?
- What are a few things that break a game for you?
- Is there a story behind your gamertag?
- Do you remember any funny answers you gave on a test or exam?
- What’s your favorite style / genre of games?
Now comes the time for me to inform everybody about this award. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Take a look at the blogs I nominated and spread the love.
So, that was everything for this 2nd and last article for today. Thanks again for the award and I hope the future content I publish will still be interesting enough to show that I’m worthy of this award!