Three years ago, I got an award from Allaweh. In 2014, I got an award as well. Last year, I was put onto a list of the top 100 bloggers according to FeedSpot. And now I have been selected for a new award! I have been selected by GamersUnitedGG for the Blogger Recognition Award. So, thank you! Go check GamersUnitedGG out. So, give them some love!
A word of thanks
It might sound like a cliché, something that every blogger or content creator will say. Thank you for the recognition. Thank you for all of this. I seriously mean it. Remember, I write this blog as a hobby of mine. I spend a lot of time researching and playing games so I can write about them on my blog.
You get a special kind of amazing feeling when you get selected for an award from a fellow content creator. Since, in my opinion, those are one of the pickiest audiences out there. They always have things you could improve amongst other things.
But that’s beside the point, now it’s my time to shine a bit. So, yeah.
Here are the award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How did my blog start?
I’m quite sure I explained this story several times before. But hey, it doesn’t hurt to tell it again.
As a kid, I always dreamt of making something to entertain people. Around summer 2010, I was surfing on the internet. That evening, I had a party to attend to. There were a lot of people, I hadn’t seen in years. And I had to tell the same story over and over again. When I got home, I got so tired of it and I decided to create a blog so I can share stories from my life without having to write essays on Facebook.
But, blogging got it hooks placed its hooks into me pretty fast. It didn’t take long before I decided to write game reviews amongst other things about games. I even got into an argument of some sorts with a TV-station. But that story, I have already told in an interview I did some time ago. I have already told in an interview I did some time ago.
Due to some personal things, I had to remove my blog. According to my archives, I started that blog in July 2010 and I deleted May 2012. But I was never really able to let it go. So, after a break of a year, where I mostly created YouTube videos (that got deleted as well because they were too bad), I restarted writing. All thanks to the reboot of the Tomb Raider series!
My advice to (new) bloggers
Because I felt like it, I will give a bit more advice to new bloggers. This is what I think could help new bloggers out!
- Stay true to yourself. Seriously. Don’t force yourself to write or to create content. People will start to notice when the soul of your content leaves your content. Also, don’t always write about something because it’s a hot topic and other people are talking about it. Unless you want to do it professionally. Because you only get some temporary attention. For example, I’m a big Legend Of Zelda fan. It would be very easy for me to write about every new detail about the upcoming Zelda game. But, I would pull in a lot of Zelda fans that are only interested in the Zelda content… And I would betray myself since I avoid news about the content of upcoming games as much as I can since, spoilers man! And yes, when you don’t make it fun for yourself, I can guarantee you that you will burn out on blogging.
- Buy a notebook or a tablet. I have explained this before, but take notes and organize them well. I honestly choose a tablet since I can write notes on it pretty easily and I can take quick reference screenshots or make small reference videos. Those are synced to my Dropbox so I can use them for research or for writing the article.
- Develop a writing ritual. I always write an article in one go if I can. I always listen to the game soundtrack while reviewing or writing about a certain game. It helps me to stay in the atmosphere of the subject I want to write about. But, if you want to know more about my process for writing reviews and first impressions, you can read more here.
- Lay-out is so important! Seriously, I have given up on reading so many articles when it looks like one wall of text. Use images, a nice to read font and test if everything is enjoyable to read before you publish it.
Who deserves this award as well?
So, here we go, these bloggers deserve this award as well.
- Shinju Forest – I got to know you on Twitter, and I read your blog several times. Great stuff! Keep it up!
- the Well Red Mage – After I got interviewed by them, I kept coming back to their blog.
- PewPewCat – Okay, a gamer who loves cats as well? I’m sold! She started blogging on her own last year, so show her some support!
- LaterLevels – Just check them out, I think they are awesome!
- United We Game – There is a lot of great stuff on their blog! Check ’em out.
- Drakulus – I enjoy interacting with him. We both read each other’s articles and I think that’s amazing.
- The Otaku Judge – Thank you for reading my blog mate! Your blog is a nice read as well!
- Hundstrasse – An interesting blog that takes a look at new and retro games.
- Killer Robotics – As a student in applied computer science, I get very interested in people building robots. I’m quite jealous since I wish I could build them, but I’m too clumsy to make one. But, I love his tech and game content the most.
- I love Old Games! – I do love reading about oldschool retro games! So, this blog is awesome in my book.
- Takuto’s Anime Cafe – As you guys know, to relax, I watch anime. And this blog is one of the best anime blogs out there. I love the layout of his articles.
- ButtonSmashers – Hi mates! How are you guys doing?
While I know that the rules say that I need to nominate 15 bloggers, but at the moment of writing, I’m not following many other blogs. In any case, I’ll notify everybody of their award. Thank you for reading this article and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope to welcome you in another article on my blog, but until then… have a great rest of your day and take care!
12 thoughts on “The Blogger Recognition Award”
Hi NekoJonez and thanks for the award, I appreciated! 🙂 🙂 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks! I’m honored you chose me :).
I’ll work on my response when I get home.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Awesome! You deserve the recognition 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks, my homie!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Good advice. Thanks for the nomination.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the reply article! You guys deserve it!