Heralds of the Order is a turn-based strategy game boiled down to the genre’s core principles. Utilize positioning and abilities with elaborate patterns to achieve victory! Featuring hand-drawn art and over 20 story chapters.
Maala, the realm without gods, finds itself on the verge of catastrophe. Objects of ancient power resurface, triggering a race to claim them, one that promises to engulf the world in war. It is your duty as a Patronus of the Order to go forth and restore balance. Along the way, you will find new allies and face countless foes, as the line between myth and reality shatters.
- Turn-based tactical combat boiled down to its core principles.
- A sprawling story that will take you on a gripping journey across Maala.
- 8 party members each with their unique motivations and abilities.
- Hand-drawn art and traditional rotoscoped
- Over 20 handcrafted missions taking place in 6 unique environments.
- Adapt your strategy! Customize your party‘s stats and choose from the numerous God Powers to overcome the challenges ahead of you.
- Several unique boss fights with devastating attacks.
- Abilities with elaborate patterns.
- Positioning, flanking and countering the enemy’s defenses are the key to victory.
- Elaborate battlefields with various boons and hazards.
- A unique energy management system that determines the ebb and flow of combat.
- Devastating God Powers which can alter the course of combat.
A video of me playing through our free demo – Here’s an interview we did with Eddie from Playing Indies
“Let’s save the world of Maala in this new turn-based strategy game inspired by The Banner Saga. ” – TURN-BASED LOVER
“”Heralds of The Order” by @ArcheanGames promises a richly detailed turn-based strategy. ” – CaptainD, Indie Game News
About the team
We’re a three-man team, consisting of two programmers and one artist, based in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. We spent our high school years dreaming of a career in the games industry, learning the basics of game-making. When we began university we decided that it was the perfect time to try our luck in the indie scene. And so we began developing Heralds of the Order – our first major project.