Today on 2nd April 2018, World Autism Day, I want to present the newest award I got for my blog. It’s another community award, the Sunshine Blogger Award. I received this award from Aivanther over at TheDialyRager. Thank you so much for this! I’m flattered by the fact that I got another community award on top of all the flattering words that are being said about me. Like in this article by Sheikah Plate about “To Thine Own Self Be True.” . In any case, I think we should focus on the award too. So, it’s answering and asking questions time.
The Rules of the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 10 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions to answer
What is your name?
NekoJonez, that’s the easy answer. If you want my real name, it’s Pieterjan. But, if you can’t prounce it, I prefer that you say “Jonez” to me.
The “n” is said like the “n” in pencil. It isn’t said like the “m” in mother. That’s one of the biggest mistakes. Also, the “a” is long. The “a” is spoken like in Halo. Longer A.
What is your quest?
My personal quest is to enjoy life as much as I can. To be amazed and to experience everything I want to experience. But mostly it’s to entertain and support people I care about.
My quest on my blog is to educate and tell my story in the vast world of video games. A story about a casual retro game collector who enjoys playing casual games and games forgotten by the masses. Also, it’s to have fun with my blogging friends from over the world.
What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?
As fast as it’s body is allowing it to go!
Dysentery or Cholera?
For real? Talking about “pick your poison.” But, thanks to modern medicine, I don’t care that much since it can both be cured.
Why do you blog?
I don’t know where I told this story before, but let me start from the beginning. I’m part of a pretty small direct family. My parents, 2 uncles, 4 aunts, 2 cousins, my grandparents from my mother’s side and my sister. Oh, and my pet cat Sparta.
But since most of us work in education or in the social sector, our network of family friends is huge. Also, if you go look into my actual family, I have family living in the Netherlands.
So, at family parties I have to explain the same question all over again. What I was up to and things like that. I was so tired of that question 8 years ago, I started to blog about my life in Dutch and share it with friends and family. Here and there I wrote gaming articles and they actually took off.
Due to certain circumstances, I decided to delete my Dutch blog and take 6 months off blogging. This all happened in 2013. Yet, in May of 2013; I started to really miss being able to write about games. Since it’s my passion after all.
So, in may of 2013, I published my first English review of Tomb Raider. Now, I started my 5th year on this blog but in reality I have been writing blogs for 8 years. Now-a-days, I mostly write about video games because I know the most of that subject and I just enjoy writing about it.
It’s a great way to share experiences and stories. It’s an amazing way to talk about the games I played and to keep a sort of public diary about the games I have played and when.
What game made you wish you had brain bleach?
In terms of a good game, A Hat In Time. I wish I could experience that game all over again without any memories about it.
In terms of bad games, well, the games on this list say enough. In that article I talk about the 10 worst games I have played since then.
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
That’s a trick question! In which game do you mean? I think you can find her in a bedroom with Waldo.
Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?
Well, for some reason I nearly always go with the grass types in Pokémon starters. Sometimes with the fire one and very rarely with the water one. And one random NPC dialogue from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl keeps sticking in my head.
In there, they say the people who choose for grass Pokémon are calm and laid back people. I honestly think that I’m that kind of person.
Worst game you have actually completed?
I rarely complete games. I even have trouble beating games to be honest. My collection spans over 2,000 titles and I keep expanding it. Each free moment of my time, I try to get a game or two closer to the beaten or completion status.
So, if I have to talk about the worst game I have actually beaten; I think I have to refer to the brain bleach question. I have beaten on some of the games on that list…
What’s your guilty pleasure game?
I don’t feel guilty at all playing games. There are some games not meant for my demographic, sure. Okay, there are some games in my collection I got from my sister like some Barbie, Winx Club and other “girl” games.
But, I honestly enjoyed some of them. Heck, I have reviewed one of the games back in 2014; Barbie Secret Agent for the GBA. As long as a game is fun to play, why would it matter if I’m the target demographic or not?
Look, there isn’t a game I feel guilty playing. If a game interests me, I play it. If you limit yourself in “oh this game is about some girl/boy show and I’m of the opposite gender so it’s going to be boring…” – thoughts, you are missing out! As a boy, I have played games that I enjoyed quite a lot which are meant for girls. And I can say with 100% certainty, that my sister can say the same things about the games where the player base is more male. Like she enjoys playing Age of Empires.
I adore when I can play a game in a genre or style I haven’t experienced a lot since that way I get introduced to a new style of games and more types of games to look out for to add to my collection. 🙂
My ten winners
- Sheikah Plate – I really need to try one of your recepies!
- Triform Trinity – My dude, my man! You deserve this one.
- Games With Coffee – I drink mine with milk and sometimes sugar!
- Aluna – We should do another stream one day, brother!
- Reaper Interactive – Love your stuff mate!
- Power Bomb Attack – I want to be on the podcast as a guest one day? May I?
- AdventureRules – When will be the 2018 Blogger Blitz event?
- LightingEllen – Let’s snow punch those blogging thieves together!
- Falcon Game Reviews – I wish I had more time to read your awesome stuff
- Anjim Plays & KillerRobotics – For your continued support my man.
Okay, I kinda cheated and put 11 on my list. In addition to that, I took 10 other people I really enjoy that weren’t on the list from Aivanther. A few of good blogging friends are on there!
So, now you need my ten questions I guess. Here we go:
- Explain as poorly as you can how either Minecraft or Pokémon works.
- Explain a game cryptically and let your readers guess which game or game series it is.
- Do you sell games you have completed/beaten or do you keep them in a collection?
- Which game/genre does interest you quite a lot but you are unable to get into the actual game/genre?
- Do you think it’s possible that there will be every an amazing video game movie?
- Would you ever consider blogging full time as a job?
- I haven’t gotten a Switch yet! Quickly, recommend me a game.
- If you had to choose between Sony, PC or Nintendo platforms and emulation DIDN’T exist, which platform would you choose and why?
- What is the platform you grew up on and tell us some fond memories.
- Tell here a random story you want to share with your readers.
Anyways, that’s everything for today! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks again to Aivanther to give me this award! It means a lot to me to get my work recognized. I hope that the upcoming articles are going to entertain everybody! I hope to be able to welcome you in another blog but until then, take care and have a great rest of your day!
This post has been publish on Arpegi. WordPress. com at 9PM On Sunday 2/4. This is bot copy protection. Ignore this text if you aren’t a bot.